1.5 kg of Roselle Flowers
1.5 kg of papaya
2.5 kg of brown candy /brown sugar or other type of sugar
1. Wash and dry your utilities (knife, chopper board, bottle & lid) under sunlight so that they are sterilized under the direct sunlight.
2. Wash & peel the petal off the Roselle flower so that each of the flower can set to dry easily. DO NOT dry under direct sunlight.
3. Repeat step 2 for papaya as well.
4. Cut papaya into thin slices and set aside.
5. Fill the bottle with the Roselle flower first, cover with a layer of sugar (approx. the same weight as the Roselle).
6. Put in all the papaya slices, cover with the rest of the sugar (approx the same weight as the papaya).
7. Close the lid (not too tightly so that air can escape during fermentation) & keep the bottle in a dry & clean place away from direct sunlight.
8. Let it ferment for about 4 weeks. During the first 2 week, please give it a little shake ( plus your loving care as well) so that the top portion of the ingredient is always moist.
9. If it smells good with no black mold after 4 weeks then it is ready.
10. You can filter the enzyme juice into a clean & dry bottle and store in the fridge (if you want). Otherwise you can store it in a dry ,cool & clean place.
To make healthy beverage: Dilute 2-3 tablespoon of enzyme with half a glass of water (at room temperature) or adjust according to your taste.
Enzymes are substances that needed for every chemical reaction that takes place in our body. No mineral, vitamin or hormone can do their work without proper enzymes. Our body is under great daily burden to produce the necessary enzyme ,so drinking enzyme juice during or after each meal will help your body to replenish your digestive enzyme.
Happy Holiday !