Receive this belowemail today. or you can read the 中文版。
Subject: Butter or Margarine
Pass The Butter … please
Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back. It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings.
DO YOU KNOW.. the difference between margarine and butter?
Read on to the end..gets very interesting!
Both have the same amount of calories.
Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams.
Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.
Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.
Butter has many nutritional benefits while margarine has a few, only because they are added!
Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.
Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years .
AND NOW FOR MARGERINE:
Very high in trans fatty acids
Triple risk of coronary heart disease .
Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)
Increase s the risk of cancers up to five fold.
Lowers quality of breast milk.
Decreases immune response.
Decreases insulin response.
And here’s the most disturbing fact…. HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!
Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC..
This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).
You can try this yourself:
Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:
* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)
* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic . Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?
Share This With Your Friends….(If you want to “butter them up”)!
I started to know about “Trans Fat” was in 2005 when I was reading Dr.Atkins’ New Diet Revolution.
I have done some research and the result really shocked me. I have tried to avoid food that contain trans fat ever since, but it is not easy to live a trans-fat-free live especially in Malaysia. Luckily, we do have a group of nice people out there who is doing our society some good.
Please visit their web site – No Trans Fat Malaysia for more information. For those who live in Klang Valley area, please give them some support, I am pretty sure they are not doing it for fun or money.
If you are really not interested to read more about trans fat , I urge you to at least remember these few points :
“DO NOT INTAKE FAST FOODS MORE THAN 3 TIMES A WEEK “
Noxiousness of Trans Fat
- It cramps the blood vessel and deteriorates the immune system.
- The Trans fat is the causes of these illnesses such as, arterioselerosis (hardening of arteries), heart disease (myocardial infarction, heart attack), hyperlipidemia, stroke and other blood vessel related diseases, liver cancer, gastric cancer, large intestine cancer and diabetes.
Foods which contains lots of Trans Fat
- Margarine, shortening, mayonnaise.
- Popcorn, donut, confectionary, pizza, cookie, french fries, burgers, manufactured chocolate goods (in a circumstances where margarine, shortening and mayonnaise is being used.)
Method of reducing Trans Fat consumption
- Reduces your frying of vegetable, fish and meat, instead steam or boil.
- For frying, do not use dehydrogenated oils, which the best is the natural Palm Olein oil originated from Malaysia.
If you have any thought please share it here.
Remember This, Even The Most Powerful Enzymes Fail to Digest TRANS FAT !
Thank you and have a healthy live.